Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is the procedure for getting a student fellowship ?
Ans: The WINE 2017 organizing committee would like to announce monetary fellowships to student registrants. Students who have already registered should apply for the fellowship before "November 22, 2017" by sending an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Complete CV in pdf form as an attachment
- Your name in full
- Institution where you are studying
- City where you are studying
- The Degree program for which you are registered
- Name of your Advisor:
- Sources from which you have been promised funding for WINE 2017 expenses
- Sources from which you are likely to get funding for WINE 2017
- Title of Paper (if you are co-author of a paper):
- Title of Poster (if you are co-author of a poster)
- Need for seeking student fellowship
- Important: Please request your advisor to email to firstname.lastname@example.org a reference letter supporting your application before November 24, 2017
- You will be notified the decision of the organizing committee by November 27, 2017. Those of you selected for the monetary fellowship will be provided the fellowship amount (through cheque or electronic transfer) when you participate in the conference.
- Deadline for submitting your email application to email@example.com : November 22, 2017
- Deadline for receiving your advisor's email to firstname.lastname@example.org : November 24, 2017
- Notification: November 27, 2017 (you will receive email from email@example.com)
Q2.: How do I get an invitation letter for my travel and visa purposes?
Ans: We recommend that as soon as you register and pay the registration fee, please e-mail us with the following information @ firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a PDF printable file on WINE2017 letterhead as an email attachment.
- Full Name:
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth:
- Full Address:
- Country of Citizenship:
- Passport Number:
- Passport Issue Date:
- Passport Expiry Date:
- Conference Paper ID:
- Conference Paper Title:
- Authors of the Paper:
- Length of the Visit:
Q3.Is Wi-Fi Provided?
Ans: Free (limited bandwidth) Wi-Fi is available in the main meeting areas and in all the conference venues. However, due to the limited bandwidth, Wi-Fi is not recommended for use by exhibitors for their displays/presentations. Free Wi-Fi is also available in the Rooms in Hotel Le Meridien.
Q4.I have special needs (dietary, mobility, etc.). How can I inform you of them?
Ans: Please feel free to contact us @ email@example.com. We will make every effort to meet your specific needs.
Q5.Is there transport available from Hotel Meridien to the IISc Campus and back?
Ans:Yes, definitely. We are arranging free transport from the Hotel to the conference venue in the IISc campus in the morning everyday. Free transport will be available in the reverse direction as well after the sessions get over. The distance between Le Meridien and IISc campus is slightly less than 3 miles (slightly less than 5 km).
Q6.How about Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner?
Ans:Those of you staying in Le Meridien will get complimentary breakfast. Those of you staying at other venues will have to make your own arrangements for breakfast. We will provide a list of options for you when you arrive at the conference. Free lunch is available on all the days. You will have to make your own arrangements for Dinner.
Q7.Will I get any assistance if I want to plan on sightseeing and shopping?
Ans:Oh yes, definitely. We will have a travel desk at the conference venue to assist you with any plans for sightseeing and shopping.
Q8.Am I required to get any vaccination ahead of my journey?
Ans:Not really unless there is an official advisory from your Government or travel agent.
Q9.How will the weather be in Bangalore during the conference dates? Do I need special clothing?
Ans:The weather will be most pleasant. The temperatures will be in the range of 15 Degree Celsius (minimum) to 30 Degrees Celsius (maximum). Showers are unlikely.
Q10.How far is the IISc Campus from the Bangalore Airport? How far is Hotel Le Meridien from the Airport?
Ans:The IISc campus is about 25 km from the Airport and the Hotel is also about 25 km from the Airport. The travel time by cab is about 45 minutes. The distance between IISc campus and Le Meridien is 5 km.
Q11.What does the registration fee include?
Ans:The registration fee includes all of the following:
- Reception on December 17, 2017
- Banquet Dinner on December 19, 2017
- Lunches on all the Days
- Registration Kit
- Registration for the Conference Sessions
- Registration for the Tutorial sessions
Q12. Is it mandatory to stay in Hotel Le Meridien?
Ans:No. We have a group booking arrangement with Le Meridien who have offered highly competitive prices for accommodation. We also have a shuttle arrangement between the Hotel and the conference venue. For more cost-effective options, please click on the links below for more information:
Other options are :
For concerns and other queries, please feel free to contact the local organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org.